Marists work in parishes alongside their diocesan and religious brother priests. They endeavour to bring to their ministry of service an explicitly “missionary” focus. This shows itself in the way that Marist parishes are:
- communities of faith,
- based on a partnership of laity and priests
- living out the mission of Christ,
particularly in evangelization and in service to the poor and marginalized
- reaching out to and entering into dialogue with all persons of good will
- having a keen sense of social issues, particularly at the local level
- and in close contact with the missionary efforts of the worldwide Church.